I now have 5 weeks or less. Personally I feel it will be less than 5 weeks. I feel it in my guts! But we shall see… I have an OB appointment later this week. Hopefully it will all go well :). Other than that, I don’t have much to say today.
If you missed my baby shower post, here it is —> Baby Shower
And now for this week’s update
This information has been provided by Baby Center
- Your baby doesn’t have much room to maneuver now that he’s over 18inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (about the size of a honeydew melon).
- Because it’s so snug in your womb, he isn’t likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he’ll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
- Amniotic fluid: The amount of amniotic fluid surrounding your baby has peaked and will start to diminish now.
- Fat: Your baby will spend the next few weeks putting on weight at the rate of about an ounce a day.
- Uterus: Your uterus has expanded to about 15 times its original volume and is poking up under your ribs.
Not much excitement going on but hey, baby needs to gain those pounds!
And now for the tummy update!